View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 08:23 AM   #7
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Nebulous Notes is great in that it's a regular plain-text editor. It sees the entire structure of my Dropbox folders, and accessing any plain-text file from Dropbox is super-fast thanks to Nebulous Notes navigation options. You both get a long list of recently edited plain-text files, as well as the ability to browse all Dropbox folders.

I have set up files like scrap.txt, scrap2.txt, scrap3.txt, scrap4.txt, scrap5.txt, etc., inside my Dropbox, so this essentially gives me a multi-item, multi-platform clipboard.

One more huge advantage of Nebulous Notes: it properly supports Unicode-encoded files. I find that many iOS text-editing apps fail to support UTF-8 properly, so that when transferring, say, non-English texts between iOS and Windows, these get mangled. Not in Nebulous Notes -- it preserves the correct encoding and formatting 100%.

A drawback of Nebulous Notes is that it does not handle very long plain-text files very well, freezing from time to time (and I mean thousands of lines here).

Last edited by Faterson; 01-25-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote