View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 03:52 PM   #64
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Sun Surfer, are you serious?

I wish I had that much power. That list was made 2 years ago.. I asked for a change and many people weighed in on both sides. I will not apologise for taking part in the conversation. I love the idea of this book club; I'm not going to sit quietly in a corner wringing my hands.

Yes, I am serious!

Here's the timeline of events:

JSWolf complained about the classics months in general, then took on two classics months. Some people agreed, some didn't, but the issue continued to be pressed by JSWolf.

JSWolf even suggested "Modern Classic" to replace a classic month way back then. Some were supportive, some were not.

pilotbob said he was open to what the members wanted.

JSWolf claimed overwhelming support for a change, then issybird chimed in countering the claim. You and I and others also were involved.

Eventually, the idea of a poll was brought up. Neither I nor issybird agreed with the idea of a poll to just look at support for only the two classic months. But some others said a poll is the fairest way to decide if we should keep two classic months or not.

So pilotbob started a poll to decide if we should leave things as they are or change them. I honestly thought the two classics would lose (but barely - I was guessing close to equal support for both sides).

So far, the poll has clearly shown most people wanting to leave things as they are.

Despite that, pilotbob then offered the option of replacing one classic month with "modern classic".

I have countered that option by pointing out that to do so would be to invalidate the poll if the results stay the same.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote