View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 11:35 AM   #1
daruking
Enthusiast
daruking began at the beginning.

Talking Received my Iliad!

I love the screen and the size (I thought it was going to be larger)! Overall, I am quite pleased. I was bracing myself for really long delays between page turns, but for me, it's not that bad. Couple of things that I think need to be added:

1) Some semblance of "instant-on/off"--as much as hardware would allow. I'm used to this coming from the Pocket PC world.

2) Better .txt reader. I have tons of books in plain txt and the Iliad doesn't even allow me to wrap the text or change the font--as far as I can tell. I'd like there to be a reader default settings section, a la, uBook, that would be able to automatically reformat a plain txt file the way you want it with different fonts, text size, wrapping, margins, etc. It would be nice if it could drill down into a zip file, if you want to bundle up a bunch of txt files into one zip file.

One question: I pulled over some .PDFs that were one page, scanned images. I could open them fine, but when I went back to the file directory, it put an X thru the file icon and I could no longer open those files.

Another question: I also couldn't figure out how to use the note taking feature. The instructions say to open up a file in the notes folder, but my iLiad doesn't have anything in that folder--at least not after I did the update.

Net/net, though, I really like it!
daruking is offline   Reply With Quote