Thread: Got my K3 WI-FI
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 12:54 PM   #10
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Received my Kindle 3 WI-FI on this week and I think it is great. I have had an ebook reader in the past and I enjoyed it. I gave it to my sister-in-law while she was in the hospital and sick. And started using the kindle for pc and came to enjoy the ease of getting my ebooks from Amazon. So I decided it was time to get the kindle when I saw the price of the WI-FI only version.
I love the size of the kindle and also the screen. The page turns are really fast compared to the older ereader that I had. I have not had and of the issues that I have read about on Amazon or the MobileRead forums.
I did the updates before I joined the kindle to my WIFI network. It joined the second time I tried the first time I tried the issue was not the kindle but my issue. My network requires mac address verification. So I disabled that for long enough to get the kindle on my network then I added the kindle to my router and reenabled mac address verification and also hid my ssid again. The kindle does not have any issues connecting now.
I downloaded 150 books for Amazon that I have gotten mostly classics that are free. I also added about 50 other books that I had in mobi format. I have not had any issues with slowdowns. I use the Kindle Collection Manager that I was able to get from the developer on MobileReader forum and that has been a huge help with organizing my ebooks.
My only issue is that the 5 way switch is too close to the back switch.
I will not give the kindle a five star rating because that would mean it is perfect, but I will give it 4.5 stars as there is always room for improvements.

Last edited by cvkemp; 09-16-2010 at 01:00 PM.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote