Thread: iPad ePub transfer Question
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 01:49 PM   #32
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by stustaff View Post
hmm Apple have also opened up their book app so yiu can read Epub books from other stores(assuming they dont have DRM.

And blame Adobe not Apple. Adobe who charge a ridiculous amount imo to let others access adept so why would Apple pay adobe all that money when they already have their own DRM system.

Apple had little choice really.

DRM free - Publishers say no
use Adept - Adobe charge us (in apples opinion I guess) too much money.
I don't think opening up the reading device to non DRM EPub is that unique since I believe most readers that support Epubs do it as well.

Just out of curiosity, how much does Adobe charge to let others access adept? I think there are other readers beside Sony who uses it and some of them seem to be smaller companies than Sony or Apple. It's hard to imagine that other companies can afford it while a big company like Apple can't.

Last edited by MerLock; 04-12-2010 at 05:03 PM.
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote