Thread: PRS-T1 Note Export Question
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #12
Eagle32
Eagle32 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by glukkon View Post
How is it stored on the PRS-T1 exactly, i thought it is a text file rather than a DB. Could you send us an example of this file?
It's an sqlite database. It's located on the devices main internal storage.

File location is DRIVE_LETTER:\\Sony_Reader\database\books.db when browsing the device from my PC.

There are several tables in the database. I haven't looked at them all in detail but the highlights are in the "annotation" table. The create table statement for the annotations table is

Quote:
CREATE TABLE annotation (_id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT,content_id INTEGER,markup_type INTEGER DEFAULT 10,added_date INTEGER,modified_date INTEGER,name TEXT,marked_text TEXT,mark BLOB,mark_end BLOB,page DOUBLE,total_page INTEGER,mime_type TEXT,file_path TEXT)
Here is the data from a single entry.

Quote:
_id,14
content_id,85
markup_type,10
added_date,0
modified_date,
name,jambes
marked_text,jambes
mark,index_split_001.html#point(/1/4/122/1/1:16)
mark_end,index_split_001.html#point(/1/4/122/1/1:22)
page,6.866483947
total_page,619
mime_type,
file_path,
The name always seems to be the same as the marked text. It may be possible to name annotations differently on the device but I haven't tried. This entry is for a single word. If the highlight is long then the name and marked_text fields will contain a truncated version of the full highlight.

I can't provide a copy of my database at the moment, it contains quite a few tables and I'd have to verify none of my work notes are in it. I can't think of a quick and safe way to make a clean database and then restore mine.

Last edited by Eagle32; 01-10-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Eagle32 is offline   Reply With Quote