View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 03:55 AM   #13
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
I just switched to my first Android: the Galaxy S. I have not missed my iPhone 3Gs one bit.

The Android UI is not as polished as iOS, and the manufacturers' "enhancements" are a joke - even Sense is rather tacky, with that curved dock. On the other hand, a launcher app like LauncherPro skins the whole thing rather nicely, and makes it basically on par with iOS 4. And it's a simple "install and forget" process.

Plus, Android OS 2.2 is coming to most newer phones within a couple of months, and Android 3 is going to be here before Christmas. Android 3, if you remember, is going to revamp the UI, and since Google has the Palm OS's key UI designer, I am very hopeful.

Again, I am a very happy camper: I can watch Flash movies now, and in a couple of months, I will finally be able to browse the whole web, Flash and all, on my gorgeous 4" screen.
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote