View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 01:36 PM   #99
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by PUPPYCARE View Post
Hi guys

I have read through most of this thread as well as the instruciton manual. You have done a great job. And Book Reader is a terrific help. Unfortunately I am missing something.

I have loaded and copied the updates etc but when I open Dook Designer Help main help I get it saying it's Book Designer 4.0 Beta, not even Book Designer 4.0. And a lot of things you mention I just don't get come up. I downloaded BD in early Jan 10 from the only link that worked for me. I have also downloaded and copied the 30/07/ 07 update file and copied it over the original Book Designer files.

I can't get Book Cleaner to come up and I don't have an "insert" button that shows anything but Bookmarks. When I open the Book Cleaner folder I can see the five items I should get, showing inside it.

Can anyone tell me were I have gone wrong? I am wondering now if my original BD file download may have problems.

I can make books with BD and they look OK in mobipocket, but I want em dashes to work OK as we use a lot of them as well as short dashes, and also want ellipses to work properly if possible. I haven't seen them mentioned here, but I may have missed that. Mine come out with the spaces removed.
It sounds as though you've not actually installed BD5.
Perhaps my Book Designer hints and tips here just might help:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36908
There is a section on how to tell which version you have got.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote