View Single Post
Old 09-13-2014, 10:40 AM   #6
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
yeah back then MS had a technology they were including in Windows called SideShow http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_SideShow.

At the time I was working on a number of Eink display SideShow devices. A calendar device to hang on the wall as the family calendar, a "TV GUIDE" tv remote control etc etc. That would all be driven by the remote display SideShow tech.

It wasnt supported much by the major oems, although they showed off alot of ideas they only produced a hand full. there was a lot of interest but consumers didnt seem to go for it. there were only a couple reference design devices to use as a base for my ideas. I found out real quick how hard it would be to design, build and market my devices at a price consumers would find appealing. This was before Kickstarter and indiegogo. There were a few well designed remotes produced for working with windows media center pcs .

MS dropped Sideshow as part of the OS in Win 7 and completely dropped support for any existing gadgets/devices in Win 8

I wonder what they are using to push the info and drive the display? maybe it acts like a standalone tablet with the info just pushed there via an app

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 09-13-2014 at 10:48 AM.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote