Thread: MobileRead March 2013 Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 09:11 PM   #64
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I'd rather read Verne than Bryson, but I hope one of the other non-fiction options wins.
Yes, I'm almost feeling guilty nominating a fiction option. I almost didn't once I saw that the first batch of nominations was resoundingly non-fiction. I mainly went ahead and nominated because it's what I intended previously. I was even a bit surprised that it was fully nominated.

I guess I underestimated the appeal of a public domain/free piece of fiction. Or maybe I underestimated the appeal of Jules Verne himself.

I know looking at the other nominations I would have found reading one of them to be a bit expensive for me as nearly none of them are in an e-library I currently have access to and the price of paperback would have been relatively exorbitant given my lack of interest in the topic.

I did see In Patagonia in one of those bargain table set-ups last weekend and I was excited until I realised they were charging $12 for a second-hand paperback.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote