View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 01:04 AM   #58
Anjohl
Zealot
Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
I am all about "Showcasing" as it were. I think it is the natural evolution of consumerism. People forget that capitalism is at heart a war over money. The retailer has an asymetrical advantage, they do not share their true profit margins/costs. With "Showcasing", I can find out how much I am getting ripped off by stores paying cash monkeys with little knowledge of the product minimum wage.

I personally have little to no urge to buy *any* consumer good bad enough to pay more than it's worth, or pay more than I need to. Since immediacy isn't a priority for me, "showcasing" is optimal behavior.

I fail to see where any ethical quandary exists, either from Amazons, or in particular, the customers point of view.
Anjohl is offline   Reply With Quote