View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 05:18 PM   #6
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I have about 130 commercial ebooks on my Kindle, plus maybe 20 or so on the Kobo, and 3-400 freebies across the two. I have 25 unread paperbacks just in the "overflow parking" on the floor near my feet, and many more spread around elsewhere.

Most of the ebooks, I probably wouldn't put in my TBR. A lot of the freebies I don't really care if I never read, and many of the commercial books were just random impulses from various sales and daily deals. I don't have a proper TBR, and I'm slightly afraid of making one given that I'm always pursuing some kind of idiotic whim. Not long ago I collected all of the Hugo winners I hadn't read. I still have 13 to read. Currently I seem to be chasing golden age crime, particularly the four "queens of crime". I bought seven paperbacks at the weekend from charity and second-hand shops; five Agatha Christies and two Margery Allinghams. I think it's mainly about having an excuse to track things down, and find the best deals.

It's all about giving me a choice when I finish something, really. There are probably less than fifty that I really want to read, but many more that I kind of want to read and might go for if the mood takes me. Many of the books I most want just languish on my Wish List because of agency pricing.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote