View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 02:43 PM   #12
Kali Yuga
Professional Contrarian
Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 No Touchie
Back in November, Amazon dramatically increased the royalty rate for periodicals. Before then, Amazon took 70%; after, they only take 30%.

This reduced the cost of publishing periodicals through Amazon by 40%. Did they drop their prices? AFAIK, not one red cent. Did they add more images? Doubtful.

Similarly, neither Apple nor Amazon charge less for wifi iPad subscribers than for 3G. And yes, they know who you are.

In terms of open vs closed, Amazon has a lot more clout when essentially negotiating on behalf of millions of units. I'm fairly confident they're better at negotiating with AT&T than I am.

Plus, working this way means one less bill in my inbox, one less thing that I have to pay for, one less thing to break.

So in short, I see no evidence for your assumption that you would somehow save money or get a "more fair price" by using your own 3G connection.
Kali Yuga is offline   Reply With Quote