View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 12:54 PM   #67
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
I think having a 15-jear old read Shakespeare or Homer (or even classics) should be classified as torture.

In my opinion, these books scare more people away from reading than they attract. Most children will not appreciate books like these, and many don't have the patience to finish them. Possibly it would be better to let them read what they want, even Forgotten Realms Fantasy if they want to. (Mostly, these books are around 200-300 pages, and are very easy reads, with a few exceptions.)

Get them to be readers, and they will arrive at the classics some time later as a (young) adult, if they want to. And if they don't want to, that's fine too. Reading should be fun, and a pastime, not another chance to obtain bragging rights for having read $random-old-classic-of-1200-pages at age 15.

Edit: I see JSWolf actually days the same some posts higher up.

Last edited by Katsunami; 02-07-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote