View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 02:56 AM   #3
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
No need as most of those questions belong in the ePub forum.
Well, it's hard to argue with my main man, Wolfie, (my fave curmudgeon), for as he says, these types of questions may rightly belong in the ePUB forum. If ePUB had a sub-forum for CSS, or even a sticky thread, like Sigil does for regex...that would be okay with me.

I suppose one could argue in the alternative that without CSS questions (usually about Calibre's unilluminating CSS), the Sigil forum would be the Hall of Deathly Silence. However, I think that we get enough CSS questions on ePUB, MOBI and Sigil (I don't hang out much on the other software sub-forums, but I can't see why they'd have fewer) that people who really want to learn about eBook CSS would probably be grateful for a dedicated ebook CSS forum. (I can say, when I was "learnin' me some HTML and CSS," I was very grateful that W3schools had a dedicated CSS forum!)

I mean, on the odd occasion I go looking for something, or am trying to remember some odd bit I read somewhere, searching for CSS can be a royal pain, if you don't remember what thread/forum/sub-forum you read it on. It would certainly be handy if it lived in its own place. And it's not really ePUB-centric, in that many of the posters who ask on Sigil are genuinely asking about something that they are doing in Sigil but intend to feed to KindleGen. K8 does have CSS now...so...

I also think a decent argument could be made that we ought to have a dedicated thread or sub-forum for CSS specifically for ebooks, (or...maybe the wiki?) because truth be told, it does not exist anywhere else, and we should be upholding, or at least promoting the idea of, quality standards. We have real ebook-CSS stars here, like Jellby, from whom the newbs (paid, volunteer, hobbyist or otherwise) could learn much about how to create the sort of quality books we should all be happy to read/see.

That's my $.02, FWIW. ;-)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote