View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #2
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penge View Post
1. Using an SD card just seems to crash the whole thing every time, even if the card has only a few books on it.
How is it without the SD Card? This is a known issue with Kobos, If you can, try different SD cards. I have a 16G Sandisk that works wonderfully.

Quote:
2. The screen is unresponsive most of the time and very very slow.
With or without the SD card in it? If this is with the card, see #1

Quote:
3. I've been using it for two days and it has crashed four times since, leaving me with the only option but to do a factory reset, losing all the books I'd put on it. So frustrating.
See #2

Quote:
4. There is an after-image (not sure if this is intentional) whenever you turn the page or go to another menu.
Yup part and parcel of eInk screens but you can alleviate this: Change when the pages refresh, factory set is to refresh every 6 pages, you can set this from 1 - 6. OPTIONS (3 horizontal bars upper right hand corner) >> Settings >> Reading Settings and change "Refresh the screen every:"

Quote:
5. Can't read PDFs, which is a big let down. Well, you can sort of read them, but there's no reflow so it makes it impossible in some cases to read.
Known issue, PDFs weren't meant to be "reflowed"

Quote:
I do have a question. Is it possible that dirt under the screen protector could interfere with the screen? I've noticed some dirt under the screen protector since I lifted one corner to flatten it out, but it's not that noticeable. Wondered if anyone else had a similar problem.
Screen protector? If you mean the plastic sheet on the screen from the factory, that's only to protect the screen until you open the box, it's not meant as a permanent protection.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote