View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 03:08 AM   #28
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stop__dreaming View Post
Next year I am going to educate myself further in issuing a 'Classic A Month' challenge. Now, I haven't read that many 'classics'. Ones off the top of my head include Of Mice and Men, Animal Farm (which happens to be my favourite book of all-time), 1984 and The Count of Monte Cristo to name just a few.

So I ask, what denotes as a 'classic' in your eyes?

So far I have The Great Gatsby and A Clockwork Orange.
For moi a Classic is a book that I can 'enter into' as if I was there. It's beautifully written and executed and crosses barriers of culture and time.

Don't know if you were really asking for author/book ideas, so ignore if you're not interested.

Farewell to Arms, Ernest Hemingway

The Outsider, Albert Camus

Maybe Somerset Maugham, and Graham Green ....

So many authors and books out there, eh!!
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote