View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #25
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
okay so I got it going... kinda...

I actually have Doom demo (with no FB updates ATM) showing on my kindle...

Screenshot to follow.

so we need to fix the updates, cripple xorg (this is the issue as you correctly said) and get it running properly after lining in the relevant control bits.

But I am looking at doom on my kindle. oh yes.
I would run it from diags, so no xorg issues. I would automatically QUICKLY reboot diags using kexec and the diags kernel (see my kexec thread). The reboot is extremely fast. And have the "mntus.params" script run Doom, then on exit kexec back to a main kernel.

Or you can just "killall -STOP" xorg and cvm, like my "algorithmic art" scripts do, but then they still occupy mostly full RAM...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote