View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 05:57 PM   #14
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Is there a Polish hand-writing recognition engine available for the GN? Or does it just use single character recognition. In the store he obviously showed me English recognition.
The reason I was hoping was that Korean and Japanese hand writing recognition is usually fairly good as long as you write the characters in correct "order". That is how they create their engines for rather complicated character sets (Hangul less complicated). When I write Japanese Kanji they have a high rate of recognition (98 %+) as long as I write the character with the strokes in the expected order, it doesn't matter if it is cursive writing, the engine still picks up the character.
Chinese character input by handwriting works well in Android,, iOS, and WebOS. This is a function of the keyboard, not handwriting recognition in the usual sense. (The pen doesn't make it any better.) It is, however, slow and cumbersome (fast and sloppy as most people do when writing on paper won't work, though the software usually starts guessing after the first few strokes). I don't know Japanese input methods, but for Chinese phonetic input methods beat handwriting on speed any time. The only reason people use handwriting because there is no learning curve.

Last edited by HansTWN; 05-14-2012 at 10:31 PM.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote