View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 10:43 PM   #35
sonyreaderfan
Groupie
sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader Prs 950, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by paultakeda View Post
As you mentioned, the main additional features would all be text-centric: a better PDF viewer with zoom (buttons or slider, I don't think the IR touch system is multitouch -- I can't see how it could be but I may be wrong), a better library browser with tag filtering/sorting, a web browser, a Stanza and ODPS content browser, etc.
The IR touch is multitouch capable according to the Neonode's press release (google searched).

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2010/02...he-5-13-range/
"zForce Pad offers a number of advantages compared to existing technologies: 100% transparency (no overlay needed like in resistive or capacitive), low cost for complete touch screen solution, ultrathin design, outstanding finger touch experiences (multi-touch support for gesture like pinch to zoom), integrated ambient light sensor for self adjusting backlight levels and lower power consumption and much more. "

A question is since NST doesn't have an accelerometer, how will it go to landscape mode, which is important for a PDF reader? Can you tap to force landscape mode in Android?

Last edited by sonyreaderfan; 06-06-2011 at 10:55 PM.
sonyreaderfan is offline   Reply With Quote