View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 07:27 PM   #72
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle2Be View Post
Just on a side note, I can't stand the Achilles character :/ I think he's the reason I'm having a hard time pulling myself through the Shadows of Hegemon...
I don't particularly like the shadow series much ... they're okay, but that's all. The introduction on my copy of Ender's Shadow says that Card was surprised how many younger readers enjoyed Ender's Game. I think he took the wrong message from that and wrote this new series specifically for younger readers - I feel they are more patronising and less thought provoking. Not that they are that bad, but in comparison to Ender's Game and Speaker for the Dead they will always be poor seconds.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote