View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 07:36 PM   #39
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
I still have a "day job," as a web designer. I keep copious amounts of info on my PC and in my smartphone, and the only thing I ever print out is my occasional vacation recording sheet, because my HR department demands it. It is a form on the office network, and for the record, doesn't need to be printed at all... they just like it that way, in a conservative sense.

What do they do with it? They record its information into a desktop PC, and throw the paper away.
Way back when PCs were new and still running MS-Dos 2.11 I set a probably unrealistic goal of “Whenever anyone anywhere presses a computer key to enter a byte of data, no one should ever have to press a key to enter that piece of data again.”

Not there yet, but very much closer.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote