View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 01:12 PM   #15
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Thornton View Post
The ability to turn pages slowly is a funny feature to brag about - the sort of thing that you might use in a demo but would never want when actually reading. It's like having mp3 albums that make you get up and turn the record over.

I don't think there's anything wrong with extending the physical book metaphor to digital, even to the point of having animated page turning and subtle sound effects (smells? now that would be wrong...). A more sensually engaging, immersive experience should be conducive to better retention and just be more enjoyable in general. Our sensory apparatus is still analog and that's not likely to change any time soon.

OTOH, I'd like to see an RSVP (Rapid Serial Visual Presentation) e-reader the size of my iPod nano...

Last edited by tomsem; 03-22-2010 at 01:52 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote