Thread: Audio Books
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #110
usuallee
Media Junkie
usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by deddajay View Post
For Android I use Poweramp for music and Listen Audiobook for books, which is another excellent audiobook player - costs 75p. It has forward and back scan which you can set the amount of time to suit yourself, chapter jumps, a sleep timer, adjustable speed

Does the Listen app really have adjustable speed control? like 1.1x (or 110%), 1.2x, 1.3x, etc? Does it work well? Speed control is not mentioned at all in the google play description. That's why I passed on this app, it looked perfect otherwise.

I've been using Smart Audiobook player because speed control is my top priority for audiobooks. It works great, but lacks the ability to customize rewind and FF buttons, and more importantly, lacks a lock screen widget. I'd be VERY interested in a droid audiobook app that has both speed control functionality and a lock screen widget.
usuallee is offline   Reply With Quote