View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 10:01 AM   #14
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Yup, I've tended to take advantage of the Comixology sales when they come along, and stocked up with long runs of the series that I want to read. So I've mostly paid $0.99 per issue, which seems pretty fair.
it's pretty fair for an individual issue of a relatively new series. Is it fair for Detective Comics issue 1? Fantastic Four 1? I'd say I'd pay 10 dollars at more for 50 old issues.

Funny thing is: such issues, pages all yellow, possibly dirty and perhaps ripped and torn, may be sold for a few thousand dollars for media collectors. You know, those people more interested in the original physical medium than in the contents. Though I've seen this phenomenon yet more terribly in the case of old console game cartridges of bad, lame and obscure games. The more lame and obscure -- and thus the less sales back then and consequently the rarer today -- the more valuable.

It's a terrible thought to think perhaps some day people will inherit and make worthy out of the worst of today rather than our best.
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote