View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 05:11 PM   #18
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandSurveyor View Post
Here's one of my dumb questions: could Calibre convert Kindle format books into a format I could load into this Kobo device? I've got my reservations about Kindle hardware but I've had mostly positive experiences buying my ebooks from Amazon.
I'll use my words carefully.
Yes, calibre can convert from (almost?) any source format to any target format.
You either can manipulate the settings manually, or use the presets of calibre.
Results usually will be great. Personally, I only had troubles with PDFs as source files.
BUT: Kindle books of course are copy protected.
Here you can do 2 things:
a.) Remove DRM (Digital Rights Management = copy protection) manually, then run through calibre.
b.) Add the respective plugins to calibre and let calibre do the rest.
And: That's the mere technical description. Legal issues aside.
Don't worry: It may sound complicated. But when checking the right websites, all you have to do is install python and run some batch files.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote