View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 05:47 PM   #10
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedubya View Post
heh, i knew that was gonna get me in trouble poor choice of words maybe. How about Baby Tablet Gotta understand i've been in IT almost 20 years so i gotta go by the specs and the capabilities of a given device. It is indeed a baby tablet Theres not much they can put under the hood to increase the perfotmance to that of the level of a Ipad. It would just get bigger and more expensive and it woould indeed be a tablet and not a ereader
And, since when is being poor an insult? I think 'poor man's ipad' does give a good picture of what the Nook Color can do as a tablet and I like the Nook Color and think it's the best value in a tablet right now -- yes, exactly: poor man's ipad. Sounds like a good, solid, non-bashing description to me.

And, anyway, it's fine to bash objects here (just not people).

The last few years I've been finding that it is the harsh, detailed, criticisms of a product that give me the most honest information I need about whether to buy a product - all products have limitations, I want to know what they are so I can decide if they bother me. "I love it" reviews tell me absolutely nothing.

It doesn't bother me the slightest if a limitation I think is minor is thought by someone else to be a major problem worthy of derision and colorful complaint. And that in no way (no way at all!) indicates a problem with the person, psychologically or otherwise, it just means they have different, but equally valid, preferences and needs than mine.

So bring on the criticism of objects -- they usually help me find products I'll love.
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote