View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 01:39 AM   #244
James M JAmes
James M JAmes began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by James M JAmes View Post
I'm most interested in getting content from Australia & NZ. I know Angus & Robertson is one such (http://www.angusrobertson.com.au), I see there is also an Australian Gutenberg site (see gutenberg.net.au/). I have no dealings with any of these so can't comment on if they are good to deal with.

I would also like to see links to Canadian Amazon (Amazon.ca) and the Sony reader for Canada.

I got very confused by the 'search' feature of 'Get books' - it took a long while to realise I was searching what was already listed instead of doing an online web search. I could not understand why no aparaent action was taking place and I was not getting any results!
The response I got from Angus & Robertson was not encouraging:
"Yes our ebooks are DRM. For Sony eReaders you would need to use Reader for PC.
If you are purchasing from overseas then our eBooks may not work. We can unfortunately only guarantee that they will work within Australian territories. If you are based outside of Australia then we can only recommend that you seek a supplier in your country as they will be able to guarantee the ability of the eBooks that they sell to be downloaded by you."
James M JAmes is offline   Reply With Quote