View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 02:16 AM   #7
derangedhermit
Addict
derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
My son, now 25, is dyslexic. I think it's inheritable, and he got it from his mother. I think dyslexia comes in flavors, or strengths. Neither one of them can reliably tell left from right; I have them point instead when giving directions. He reads upside down or in a mirror as fast and easily as he can "normally". He says there's no difference in how the words look.

They are both uncannily good at Scrambles in the newspaper. Evidently it's not very different than just reading to them.

Dyslexics show symptoms more when they are tired, since they are *always* working harder mentally, but have developed coping skills that usually make it not as noticeable.

I looked into the linked font, and ended up spending $10 on Gill Dyslexic instead. It looked of higher quality to me on casual use, and if it helps, it's easily worth the $. If my son reports interesting results, I'll pass them on.

I hope this helps someone esle
derangedhermit is offline   Reply With Quote