View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 03:43 AM   #6
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
For me, the disquieting part is the trend away from browsing in stacks to curated, smaller selections. As Reisman said, the customers are voting with their wallets for that change. I don't blame the merchants for following, but I'm saddened over the streamlining of material. Will publishers be able to continue to publish their wide selections of titles without shelf space for them? Maybe E-books will help in that regard.
rkomar is online now   Reply With Quote