View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 08:28 AM   #55
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuBiB View Post
Get a unit, try it out, then write something about it. If you don't like it, return it.

You have absolutely 0 credibility in reviewing this device - not to be mean, but srsly.
  1. I didn't write any review as I clearly stated. If you think that one cannot make any idea of e-eink devices by seeing pics and reading reports, I don't understand -for example-: why did you spend your time for taking a lot of pictures of it? I compare what I see and read with my experience and knowledge about readers, which MAY be deeper than yours.
  2. You may want to answer to these owners', then:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
    I've only had it for a couple hours t this point but I'm not happy. The screen is so gray that I plan to call it Dorian.
    But I will note that the software is not anywhere near being done. It doesn't have the annotation options I would have expected with a textbook platform. I also cannot find the web browser or a way to enable Wifi. (I don't think they work yet.)

And I can definitely say that as a textbook platform the iPad offers more options for the same price.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
    My approach is evaluating the Jetbook for reading books, as compared to the Kindle DXG. Rather than focus on the technical details, I am commenting on the "readability"

1. The color Jetbook is glacially slow in loading books.
    2. The current Jetbook screen most closely resembles the original (non-Perl) DX screen in terms of the "muddiness" of the white spaces and the lack of crispness/clarity of the text - in any font choice.
    3. In any but the brightest lighting, ghosting is extremely visible and annoying.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mexmike View Post
    I have a Jetbook Color and also a Daily Edition PRS-950 so far, I am disappointed with the Jetbook compared to the Sony. I bought the Jetbook so that I could use it for PDF electronic schematics. Not good for that I've discovered.
    1)I know the Jetbook is twice the screen size but the Sony is so much faster; about twice as fast to turn pages.
    2) The screen is grey almost a cement green like colour. The Sony screen is much lighter, so reading the Jetbbook is more like black text on grey/green compared to black on almost white. This makes reading in poor light a strain
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
    The reader side however is woefully inadequate.
    The problem overall with the device is that it’s very much incomplete
    The speed and color issues are minor comparative to the other issues.
    And there's this question unanswered:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
    Can you please indicate what exactly JBC does better than other ereaders and in a decent way?

Oh yes, I will spend 500 dollars to test a unit that 99,9% I'd return. Sharing knowledge and discuss information is what forums are about. If you are not ok with this, it's your problem.

Last edited by lorenzoens; 02-28-2012 at 08:53 AM.
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote