View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 01:10 PM   #120
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
If you want to post about a great deal or find you made and claim it is "for the community" then why are you attaching affiliate codes to them? Affiliate links are "hidden" commercial advertising.
Unless you openly disclose with something like, "this is an affliliate link that gives me X amount of money from a purchase you make", with appropriate details included.

Just to clarify, and I speak for myself only, I will not presume to speak for others:

My complaint is not in any way that posters are now required to disclose that they are posting affiliate links. I don't care either way, but honesty is always better. My big gripe/complaint is that forcing the links into one single thread the way they are now makes it a LOT harder for me to find what I'm looking for.

I don't come to this forum skimming and grabbing what looks good. I come here looking for specific things and digging through multiple threads looking for the bargain I'm waiting for takes a lot longer than skimming or Ctrl-F'ing a list of thread titles. It's harder to use this forum now. That is my complaint.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote