View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 09:47 PM   #5
Baka no Kami
Baka no Kami is on a distinguished road

Device: Baka no Kami
Quote:
Originally Posted by swallman View Post
Is it possible to sideloads Android apps (APK's) onto the Nook Color yet ? I use RockPlayer on my Droid X phone and it works great. Handles a lot of additional file types (Divx, Xvid, etc.)
It's not possible yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbothejust
I watched several YouTube videos...yeah, they were good. No flash on websites like CNET TV so I'm going to assume HTML 5 what being used or an earlier version of flash.
My understanding of the issue is that YouTube downgrades the quality of the video because the nookcolor's browser identifies itself as a mobile browser. YouTube assumes that mobile browsers are on 3g and it adjusts the streaming speed accordingly.

Edit: I hadn't tried YouTube out on the nookcolor before so I just did. When you load up the page it automatically redirects you to the mobile YouTube page. There's a link at the bottom to switch to the desktop version, but when I did that I wasn't able to load up any video as the desktop version is Flash only. Going back to the mobile page version I pulled up the Green Hornet trailer as a test. The page gave me two options, Normal and HQ. The normal version wasn't really watchable, the 'HQ' one was better.

Last edited by Baka no Kami; 11-22-2010 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Just tried it.
Baka no Kami is offline   Reply With Quote