View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 04:24 PM   #12
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Goodness as Dave and Theducks says that is a very long time to convert a file!
Even on my netbook which is only 1.66ghz with 2GB of ram it only takes a minute or two for a conversion. It has ole XP SP3 on it. My Desktop which I prefer is Vista 64, Quad Core with 6GB of ram so it's much faster but still 17 minutes is way too long. When I do batches I do about 12 to 25 books at time but that's so I can verify each book has converted okay.
It may be that the long time to convert the file in Calibre is for the same reason as the poor performance of the same file on the Pocket Pro. I suspect the file is poorly formatted somehow or doing something really strange. This is not the expected performance on files I have used.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote