View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 01:32 AM   #78
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I do think Tor was also on board.

The tools have to exist in order for DRM to be stripped. If we go by just the DMCA exception saying that DRM can be stripped in a certain case, then the tools have to be written so they can be used to strip the DRM. So how can it be illegal to write the tools if it's not illegal to use them?
I made a quick check of Scalzi's site did not see any link to DRM tools. I didn't check Tor. Maybe I'm missing something.
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote