Thread: What Do I Want?
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 05:07 AM   #9
Anke Wehner
Addict
Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJager View Post
I would like to get an ereader, but I don't know enough about them. My husband is set on the Kindle. I'm not sure. He was talking about the eink and I have NO idea what that means or how it compares to others. I like the color that the Nook offers, but the only time I might use that is for children's books and I can't see getting a lot of children's eBooks.
eInk in general is the technology that most dedicated ereaders use. It's currently greyscale only. In contrast to LCD, it is not backlit. This means you need a separate light if you want to read in the dark, but also that it's easier to read in sunlight, and, most importantly, that it's less strain for your eyes.

The Kinlde has a "new generation" of eInk that's better than older displays, thought the latest Sony models have that, too.
Anke Wehner is offline   Reply With Quote