View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 02:45 PM   #31
cmbs
non-believer
cmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3, JetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
We can agree to disagree then. It just doesn't bother me that much, especially if it helps get people to buy Readers. But then again, not much bothers me at all.
Well, I never said it bothered me, I said I found it interesting. I said it reminds me of the manipulations that go on when people are trying to sell things. Not necessarily flat out lies, but twisting of the truth to lead you to believe something. Maybe neglecting to provide more information that would reveal their manipulation (Like the fact the books are available online for free elsewhere - so it's not really a $199 or $500 value at all. The disparity between the values shows their arbitrary nature. On the other hand, you could argue that thousands of free online books definitely do have a value.). I do think it's smart to remember that things are not always what they seem, particularly when someone is throwing a sales pitch at you.

However, I can admit that if I bought a reader based in part on getting the free books that I later find I could have gotten free elsewhere, that would bother me. I'm glad it doesn't bother you.
cmbs is offline   Reply With Quote