View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 09:43 PM   #1
skuski
skuski began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Pls Help re Kindle Graphite Unable to Connect

Hi... Thx for openning this thread!

I've bought a DXG Model D00801 Serial prefix B009 on software 2.5.8 from ebay in US. I'm using the device in Hong Kong. Otherwise a delighted new owner I am having problem registering it.

I have 4 black bars on attenna icon. I can browse bookstore giving me book suggestions (so data is certainly coming thru). But when I try to register on the device over 3G, it says "Unable to connect at this time".
411 page shows:
FRAS FIRS WEBSITE TODO CDE server is DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN
Certificate MISSING
Device Registered NO

Customer Service has manually put the serial number into my amazon account, so it shows on "My Contents and Devices" webpage. They say that's all they can do.

So I applied the jailbreak and reginfo updates, now Collection is unlocked and it displays my email as registered owner under setting.
Now 411 page shows:
FRAS FIRS WEBSITE TODO CDE server is DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN
Certificate MISSING
Device Registered YES

But whenever I try to sync contents to my account or download a sample from store, it would still insist Device not registered (despite both amazon webpage and my device being manually updated into a matching pair)... and whenever I try to launch web browser, it would say Unable to Connect.. I even tried to deregister over 3G, it would also say Unable to Connect...

Really quite stuck here... Any suggestions please?
Thank you very much!
skuski is offline   Reply With Quote