View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 12:51 PM   #10
rheostaticsfan
Zealot
rheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, iOS, Blackberry, Sony DPT (pdfs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I found an adapter at the first try. I have two issues, though:

1.- The adapter is too thick, fortunately it was mainly due to the plastic casing, so I could cut a chip to make it fit.

2.- If I insert it completely, one of the channels (left or right) stops working, so I have to pull the jack just a bit out of the Cybook. This could be due to my cutting the adapter, or to the adapter being lousy...
I have this problem with 2 sets of 2.5mm headphones (no adapter). I think it's the jack built into the unit. As well as needing to slightly pull back the headphone plug the volume drops when only both earbuds are being driven. Drops to the point of being barely audible in a quiet room (at full volume)

Treos (such as my own) are notorious for this problem as well. (as a result most people advocate using bluetooth on the treo and just not using the jack at all). 2.5mm jacks tend to be pretty crappy.

Fortunately my use for mp3s on my Cybook is very very occasional. Unfortunately that occasional use is likely going to be in a noisy environment where I'll have to settle for mono in order to get any volume at all.

Bookeen got a lot of things right. But there are definitely some things "not right" with the Cybook...
rheostaticsfan is offline   Reply With Quote