View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 12:59 PM   #62
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
We get it, Jon. You don't like the book. Don't read it. Can we just move on.
Actually, in this case, I find Jon's criticism useful. I'll explain. I just started reading the book. Earlier this afternoon, I was in an hospital waiting to be called. I read chapter 2 and 3 standing near the open window, from my iPod. Enjoyed it so much. And thanks to Jon I started to ask myself if old aunties still worry about the marital status of their nephews, a part from Woody Allen movies. Mine did, on the way around, as I married a few times. Do they, now? It would look bizarre in NY, but what is discussed in those family gatherings, even to day?

The question if the limited but subtle descriptions of human behavior by Forster is still actual and stimulating will rise in the discussion, for sure.
Thank you Jon. Keep up the interest.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote