Thread: PRS-505 PRS-505: Battery or Screen?
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 10:02 AM   #7
Enkidu of Abydos
Master of Disaster
Enkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeluck View Post
Yup, I have disassembled/reassembled my 505 5-6 times since, trying various
types of reseat, I even gone as far as cutting 1cm off the front so the contacts will make connection at a different part of the ribbon cable. No Dice. Conspiracy sure suggest some kind of Sony boobytrap, given their past practice, I am not particular surprised.
Fascinating (as Spock would say), I was planning on replacing my PRS-505 battery until the Pearl generation came out, just because batteries were easily available online and batteries age, so I thought I'd just unscrew the 4 screws on the back, unplug the battery and plug in the new one (the after market ones had a finished connector). I guess I was just naive... Leave it to Sony to make life difficult for everyone. Why should they let us prolong the life of our devices when they can just make us buy new ones from them ? Capitalist pigs !
Enkidu of Abydos is offline   Reply With Quote