View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 05:26 AM   #7
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Well, 99% of the time my ipod Touch, which I use as a PDA, just works. Calendar, Internet, email, notes and lists, reading, music, movies. The only thing I miss is 3G so I can connect on the go. Wifi hotspots are few and far between where I live.

I used to have an Dell Axim 51 PDA with Windows Mobile 5. I got it for a university project and thought it would be really nice for personal use as well. It hardly ever worked. Syncing with my desktop computer, for instance, worked about 1 time out of 5 - this was even a known issue and nothing I could do anything about - so I eventually gave up on it. I had to jump through hoops to connect to wifi. It was oh-so-slow. Starting up outlook or something for notetaking took a minute - and it was just overall sluggish. I only ever used it for reading. The Mobipocket application was the only thing worth using. Basically, Windows Mobile sucks big time and I'll never touch it again.

Apple was the first to design an interface for a small mobile device that *really* works. I'm not "religious" about Apple at all - or Windows for that matter - I just want my things to work without hassle.

But will I buy an iPhone? No, they're too expensive and too closed. I saw an HTC Hero recently, and I think that's going to replace my Touch. It'll work well with my gmail accounts and it appeared to be - if not 100%, then 95% - as responsive and easy to use as the Touch.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote