View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 05:00 PM   #9
HenryP
Enthusiast
HenryP began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hi henry and welcome. you've come to the right place : you will soon see that mobileread members LOVE authors, particularly authors who want to publish ebooks. please take a look around and don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have, there are a lot of friendly experts around to give you the answers. since you are just starting out i recommend you take a look at the epub forum ; that is the new industry standard format and you should definitely publish in that. it's a very useful format because it can be read natively on more and more devices and it's also very easy to convert it to other formats if necessary.

happy ebook making !
Howdy Zelda,
I'm reminded of Dobie Gillis (spelling?) in writing the name 'Zelda'. Anyway, I gather from your immediate response that I've much to learn about how the newsgroup website works. I thought I was replying to the person who wrote to me but I gather I've gone live to all and sundry. Anyway, that's okay, but it feels a little like one of those dreams where one walks out - unclothed - in public.
Thanks for your helpful advice and I'll no doubt be in touch again, soon, seeking more of the good oil.
henry
HenryP is offline   Reply With Quote