View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 08:15 PM   #14
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhunt View Post
Just got my Glo. Looked forward to it for weeks and am VERY disappointed.

There is no manual and the online manual (once you can find it) is not complete.

I have had nothing but problems trying to get books over from the library, through the MANDATORY third party software and onto the Kobo.

I became frustrated enough that I called Kobo's helpline and said I wanted to return it. They said I could take it back to the store where I bought it. Another trip to the store and the store refused return.

Kobo customer support says tough.

Not only will I never buy Kobo again, but I won't shop at that bookstore again. Lose, lose, lose.

My advice: do more research than I did about customer support. It may be non-existant. And don;t buy Kobo because they don't back up what their customer support people tell you on the phone.
I'm not sure I see the "disaster" here. You don't like the Kobo Glo because you need to use ADE? Welcome to 90% of the readers out there. I'm pretty sure Kobo Glo owners can sideload books onto their devices with ease.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote