View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #26
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by h1uke View Post
Great job! Thank you for the work you do!

Sometines I think that it could be easier to maintain the list
of _trusted_ URLs than the list of BB-related ones.
I'd even agree to limit access to my local wireless network, denying
all attempts to get outside.
In order to try this, I arranged an extra WiFi router with its WAN side turned Off.
I quickly learned that the last kindle firmware catches these situations,
and doesn't even connect to such wireless networks, keeping the airplane mode always On.
I suspect the kindle version of wpa_supplicant, but, unfortunately, no chance to get deeper on that..

Is this a known problem? Any workaround for that? Am I missing something?
Thanks.
That will be a matter of evolution.

The first step is to block everything that can be found ;

And then identify the the "safe" ones (perhaps the 'sync' services, or things that are safe to access by 3G (which never downloads updates) ) ;

And of course, there will be as many ideas of what is 'safe' as their are users.

This is a very flexible structure now.

Many of those things can now be turned into 'button presses'.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote