View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 11:08 AM   #86
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critteranne View Post
IIRC, I think Library Journal reviews tend to have more spoilers. From what I remember, it's because they're written for librarians, who won't have the time to read the books but who need the spoilers when it comes go recomending the books. ("Jane might like this book. Oh, wait, the LJ review says the ghosts turn out to be fake, and she hates those stories...")
Ummm, really? Must be some small town librarians.

I always thought they did that so that the librarian could fake that she'd read it (like mini-cliff notes).

I don't think I ever had a librarian recommend a title, after I was, say, old enough to read, at which point I picked them out myself (librarians recommended the worst possible reading, in my experience, despite having lots of great things to read at their fingertips, which they apparently never opened).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote