Thread: Touch Bookshelves - how?
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 07:25 PM   #12
plib
Guru
plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Kovid (imho) has a major bee in his bonnet with the Kobo.

I do not think his stance is at all valid.
I do find it strange that the only time I have ever had USB connectivity problems is when using Calibre with the Kobo. I can use Windows with the Kobo all day long, just as a test I even copied and then streamed a movie off both the SD card and the internal memory. I've also added map images and other files to the database through Windows. No problems. I have two external USB drives that can stream to the network, a hub with all sorts of devices attached, none of which have ever even hiccuped. But with Calibre, dropouts. So it might be a database issue, but I can't see how it's a USB issue, which is part of the usual response. Oh well, maybe some day.

Unless there's some reason I'm not aware of I still think it would make sense for the two sides to cooperate and thrash it out to a solution. From what I've read on MR I'm not the only one it's happened to.
plib is offline   Reply With Quote