View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 12:58 PM   #11
rwsimon
Connoisseur
rwsimon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rwsimon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rwsimon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: 2 Sony PRS-500s, iPad
A few answers...
Reading in full sun (and we have that today in abundance) is not very practical. With the screen brightness maxxed out, it is quite readable but I would not want to read a book that way. So I'll need to find a little shade when I want to read outdoors. Not a problem for me - I don't like reading in the sun anyway. But for those that do, keep you e-ink around.

Adjusting screen brightness is easy in the iBooks app and is continuously variable from extremely dim to much too bright.

Reading in bed seems ideal. Plop the thing on your belly or wherever you are configured to rest it and read away. It does not get hot like a notebook computer. The back is vaguely warm but nothing to pay any attention to.

As for annotations... Not as far as I have discovered. There is bookmarking which is more like highlighting. You can highlight text in a variety of colors. Perhaps there is more you can with these highlighted things. I will have to investigate.
rwsimon is offline   Reply With Quote