View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 07:54 AM   #296
Vanilla
Vanilla shines like a glazed doughnut.Vanilla shines like a glazed doughnut.Vanilla shines like a glazed doughnut.Vanilla shines like a glazed doughnut.Vanilla shines like a glazed doughnut.Vanilla shines like a glazed doughnut.Vanilla shines like a glazed doughnut.Vanilla shines like a glazed doughnut.Vanilla shines like a glazed doughnut.Vanilla shines like a glazed doughnut.Vanilla shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: kindle 4 nt
Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
Edit (9 Jan 2013): Okay, when I convert with "-mode fw", there is no gap put in front of "Chapter 2," so I see what you're talking about there. That is due to the setting of -vb -2 that is applied by -mode fw.
Hi and thanks for answering! I'm not explicitly using this fw mode, but perhaps somehow that vb option gets activated. What i normally use to convert pdfs for my kindle (these settings seem to work for most pdfs, even poorly scanned) are these options: 1 column, landscape mode, no wrapping, 0 margin, 0 output margin (i eliminate page numbers etc. beforehand using another software); sometimes, if the original page width is small, i use portrait mode. I set the options from the menu (interactively), not from the command line, after dragging the pdf to the k2pdfopt icon (which has set the "-bpc 4" option only).

And an example:

Click image for larger version

Name:	comm2-47.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	187.8 KB
ID:	99142

I'll try to explicitly set the vb option, to see if changes the output. TY.
Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote