View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 04:23 PM   #33
Kai771
Just a Noob
Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3
Librerator R1, the first official release of Librerator is out. Since GitHub doesn’t allow uploading binary files anymore, I attached it to the first message in this thread. If it’s something I shouldn’t have done, please pm me and I’ll remove it.

Compared to the original KPV, Librerator is much more configurable and has more features (at least at this point of time). They can both be safely installed on the same Kindle, and won’t affect each other, in case you want to compare them and see what you like better.

Some of the features:
  • works on K2/K3/KDX and K4NT
  • new set of bigger icons
  • Menus - in adition to the keyboard shortcuts, everything can be accessed via menu too
  • K4NT specific shortcuts (considering it’s lack of keys)
  • high configurability - almost everything can be changed/set editing defaults.lua configuration file.
  • all strings moved to a single file - allowing easy localization
  • user configurable keyboard layout, if you need to use national characters
  • added First Page Offset option - usefull when your book has first pages numbered as i, ii, iii, iv etc. and the real page 1 is actually page 17
  • added setting gamma through inputting value in a dialog
  • better support for CREReader - now it uses page view mode by default (tnx to dave2008), and hyphenation (tnx to tigran123). You can set not only document font as default (like in KPV), but also font size and line spacing.
  • remembers all user settings and opens documents exactly as you left them
  • Reflow config and following links now available for K4NT users too
You can see full list of changes here.

User’s Guide is available on wiki.

Thanks to all the people that worked on KPV, especially hwhw and houqp, without whom Librerator wouldn’t exist either. I’d also like to express my gratitude to Iñigo, who was extremely helpful in testing early versions of Librerator on K4NT, solving intial problems with making it work on it. If it weren’t for him, it probably still wouldn’t work on K4NT (since I don’t have one and nobody else gave any feedback).

I hope someone finds it useful.
Kai771 is offline   Reply With Quote